Ralph Lauren Corporation
(NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of
premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been
consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and
international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren
Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph
Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American
Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely
recognized families of consumer brands. For more information, go to http://investor.ralphlauren.com.
Position Summary: Responsibilities will center on financial and operational support for the Footwear and Accessories Division with the primary focus on sales/margin reporting, sales allowances, operating expenses, capital management, and inventory and metric reporting.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and innovative financial professional with the ability to multi-task with a high degree of analytical proficiency and integrity. Position requires good foundational knowledge and experience in finance/accounting and a firm understanding of financial concepts. Position requires candidate to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
The position reports to the Director of Finance for Non Apparel Wholesale. This position interfaces with Accounting, Divisional Management as well as the Sales & Planning Team.
- Support the overall forecasting, budgeting and reporting processes of the division (including sales, margin, dilution, and inventory).
- Manage the month end process including sales allowances, expenses, and variance analyses in partnership with corporate shared services.
- Review monthly expense results with functional department heads; act as the lead finance business partner for expenses and establish a track record of clear communication and sound follow up.
- Prepare the monthly operating expense forecasts including employee costs, T&E, distribution, and marketing expenses.
- Prepare the monthly sales and margin forecasts including sales allowances.
- Manage capital process for the installation and renovation of wholesale shops including capital approval requests, expense forecasting, and ROI analyses.
- Take the lead on sales allowance forecasting, maintenance, and reconciliations in partnership with sales, planning, and shared services.
- Prepare analyses for quarterly business reviews, annual budgets, and presentations for senior management.
- Assist in preparation of sales and margin reporting as needed.
- Support and prepare ad hoc analyses and special projects as needed.
- Anticipate needs of senior management and business partners, and prioritize efforts to deliver results.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships across divisional finance teams to promote teamwork and organizational alignment.
- College/University degree in Finance/Accounting or related field required
- 4+ years financial/accounting experience with major focus on planning and analysis
- Wholesale apparel, accessories, and/or home experience in an operational finance role a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and formal) with the ability to develop professional relationships with varying levels of management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Self-motivated, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
- Advanced competency in Excel and other Microsoft applications, experience with SAP/Microstrategy, Hyperion/Essbase a plus
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.