Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For over 45 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope – The Department Manager will ensure a consistently memorable customer shopping experience for the department, while generating meaningful revenue and positive operating profit for the store.
- Responsible for sales and profit performance in store. Responsible for achieving store shrinkage goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
- Works with the General Manager to establish and achieve sales and margin goals, develop operating budgets and monitor performance. Partner with Visual Presentation team in regard to merchandise presentation.
- Responsible for training and supervision of store staff to maximize sales and profit performance.
- Directs the execution of Ralph Lauren's promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support Ralph Lauren's Retail sales, marketing, and profit objectives. Regularly visits relevant competition to maintain an awareness of store performance issues and market trends.
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of Retail Management experience.
- Strong business acumen and skill-set which enables the management and development of staff.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.