Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Laurens reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of product, brands and international markets.
We believe wholeheartedly that people hold the key to achieving our business objectives and our overall success. We offer exciting career opportunities and are always searching for the most talented people to join our team.
Purpose and Scope: The Assistant Manager of Sales & Service represents the face of the Polo brand ensuring that best in class service for employees and customers are met and that all business objectives are exceeded, generating meaningful revenue and positive operating profit for the store.
- Foster an inspiring team environment that empowers people to realize their full potential and others to emerge as leaders.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve optimal results through proven behaviors and strategies and provide immediate "in the moment" feedback to all employees, through active floor presence and engagement with the customers and team members.
- Ensure all customer service standards are consistently executed.
- Analyze power hours, traffic, and dwell times to maximize zone coverage based on the needs of the business throughout the day.
- Partner with General Manager on sales performance in assigned store; ensuring sales, margin and KPI goals are met.
- Ensure proper zone coverage by reviewing optimized schedule and partnering with direct reports to provide an optimal customer experience.
- Ensure consistent presentation standards and dress standards are met through partnership, planning and execution.
- Facilitate replenishment and product presentation is carried out and meets standards by providing clear direction to Supervisors & Associates.
- Responsible for achieving store shrinkage goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection, supervision, and development of store staff to maximize sales and profit performance.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve optimal results including succession planning for current and future positions.
- Assist in the on-boarding and training of new hires.
- Provide consistent feedback and analysis to the General Manager and District/Regional Director on product for the buyers and planners to identify items and merchandise classifications of high sales and profit potential.
3-5 years of retail management experiences with at least 1- 3 years in high volume and or multi-unit environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Inspire, cultivate and demonstrate a genuine passion for the Polo brand.
Strong planning and organization/time management skills and priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
Comprehensive knowledge of the competitive retail market place.
Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships and environment.
Ability to think strategically and apply necessary analytical skills to drive business results.