Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope: Provide sourcing, and product development solutions to the team. Responsible for negotiation of prices, production standards, new product on time delivery and coordination of information between, Merchandising and Production. Work closely with Senior Director of Product Development to achieve financial objectives.
· Source for Brand DNA and to achieve business objectives.
· Drive development to support Quality objectives.
· Direct Team objectives and strategies toward achieving financial goals.
· Lead team to achieve financial objectives.
· Manage and develop Team.
· Work with Agents/Factories to obtain and negotiate FCA prices prior to market.
· Analyze costing.
· Evaluate Vendor market Place.
· Communicate calendar requirements.
· Marketplace Analysis.
· Identify new opportunities / materials.
· Research and analyze metrics for identification of profit and performance opportunities.
· Vendor review and strategy.
· Business review and strategy meetings.
· Time and Action review.
· Partner with Merchandising and Planning on margin deliverables.
· Pre- Production and TOP approvals.
· Communicate product confirmations to factory, production, and QA.
· Factory visits.
· Technical knowledge on fabric and product standards.
· College degree preferred.
· Minimum 10 years experience in sourcing, product development and production.
· Excellent attention to details and strong organization skills.
· Strong textiles product knowledge including costing and duty.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Working knowledge of Flex PLM software a plus.
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.