Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope: Responsible for the design and execution of menís products from the product design state though final production and approval for all brands under his care.
- Research new fabrics, trends, and ideas.
- Research specific product areas as directed by Creative Design.
- Research, develop, select fabrics and trims, input and update information in Excel/PDM.
- Pull all relevant history and research for design meetings.
- Develop flat sketches for boards and tech packs.
- Design and develop washes.
- Coordinate development of graphics with Design team and Graphics Department.
- Develop new trims and work with Trim Department for finalization.
- Organize vintage samples and organize before/during and after design meetings.
- Work closely with Product Development teams to ensure tech packs are accurate and up to date.
- Update and maintain stats.
- Order and coordinate sample trims.
- Set up/research/maintain color palette each season.
- Orchestrate general department garment needs to Merchandising and Production.
- Travel: Asia/Europe travel- 2 times/year
- 2-3 years design experience-preferably in Menís
- Knowledge and interest in historical & vintage garments.
- Must have a good eye for detail.
- Experience with Excel, Web PDM and Illustrator.
- Organizational and date entry skills are extremely important.
- Communication and ability to work well within a team.
- Degree in Fashion or a related subject is required
- Proficient in Photosho, CAD and Illustrator
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.