This position will be the senior technical architect setting strategy for the Information Security practice at RLC. The roles primary focus is to work with multiple project teams, providing guidance and direction to various technical teams involving infrastructure items such as network and operating systems. The individual in this role must be equally comfortable architecting secure solutions as well as evaluating existing designs and investigating incidents.
Develop and maintain security architecture for IT infrastructure:
o Develop technical requirements to assure security of RL technology, including networks, operating systems, mobile technology, storage devices, middleware, and other infrastructure components.
o Educate RL IT teams on use and implementation of the RL security architecture
o Adapt architecture as new technologies emerge
o Coordinate usage of security architecture by IT teams
Develop and maintain architecture for security tools and services:
o Specify configuration standards for tools including:
§ AntiVirus & Endpoint Protection
§ Data Loss Prevention
§ Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM)
§ Firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS/IDS)
§ File integrity and Program change detection (e.g. Tripwire)
§ Forensic tools (ex: EnCase, FTK, etc)
Coordinate with Security Operations team in management and monitoring of security tools and services
Respond to security incidents and coordinate activities for the handling, communication and escalation of incidents
Provide Information Security subject matter expertise to IT teams
Work independently to provide considered opinions related to InfoSec risk
Facilitate issue escalations to the CISO
Apply subject matter expertise and judgment on risk evaluation, risk assessments and risk mitigations for IT and Business Unit projects
Be responsible for bringing decisions to closure and building consensus through collaboration with IT and Business Unit colleagues and project team members.
Contribute to the success of the achievement of business goals through decisions made on InfoSec risk issues.
Ensure that all InfoSec risk and control issues/gaps are clearly documented and to work with project teams to develop remediation plans to address these issues.
Ensure that all action plans related to InfoSec risk issues are delivered in a timely manner and fully address the issue(s) raised.
Ensure IT and Business teams adhere to InfoSec Policies and standards
· Experience at PCI-scoped merchant managing ISO 27000 based program
- 10+ years of Information Security experience.
· Strong knowledge of enterprise systems infrastructure, network based services, and TCP/IP
· Strong knowledge of security infrastructure and placement in network topology
· Strong knowledge of network forensic investigation and incident response techniques
· Strong knowledge of a variety of Operating Systems (eg: Windows, MacOS, Linux, Unix, OS/400)
· Strong knowledge of middleware tools
· Strong knowledge of RDBMS, especially Oracle and MS/SQL
· Strong knowledge of Information Security principles and practices
· Strong knowledge of network protocols and technologies including wireless
§ Strong knowledge in a variety of contemporary computing technology areas, threat landscape and threat intelligence methodologies
§ Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
§ Ability to work independently towards goals.
· Strong ability to manage a team (both direct reports and project teams)
· Desire to participate as part of a team.
· Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
· Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
· Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
· Ability to be resourceful, creative and flexible.
· Ability to manage processes and associate relationships in multiple locations.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills as well as experience resolving complex business issues
· Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Preferred Certifications or Other Professional Credentials:
· CISM, CISSP, CISA, GIAC/GCFA