Club Monaco is the international retail brand known for style for both men and women. Opening its first store in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco was instantly recognized by fashion influencers for its unique blend of stylish basics and key fashion items of the season. Since its founding, Club Monaco has been recognized repeatedly for its consistent and enduring view on style and design. Today, Club Monaco is rapidly growing retail brand that continues to deliver cool modern style, while occupying a unique niche within the fashion and retail industries. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
This is an entry level position to work with our Production department to generate purchase orders to vendor.
• Partner with manager to gain understanding of garment construction and costing
• Build collaborative relationship with cross-functional team members, mentors, peers, and sourcing channels
• Manage the Global purchase order issuance and maintenance process for Club Monaco
• Collaborate with US Customs team to ensure that all levels of import compliance are being met and communicated in a timely manner
• Work with Merchant team on size breaks, tickets and system item definition
• Monitor WIP deliveries and factory performance on seasonal stock basis to ensure the timely delivery of product
• Ensure all timelines are met – from sample development through production to shipping, adhering to tactical calendar and production Standard of Process (S.O.P.)
• Maintaining accuracy of all Production tools
• Filing and maintaining all PO records.
• Actively participating in weekly production update meetings with cross-functional team members
• Work with manager to gain understanding of costing inputs in order to achieve department target Initial Mark Up (I.M.U.)
• Gather and review all documents for agent/vendor/factory approvals, to pass to Global Human Rights Compliance.
Bachelor’s degree 0-6 months experience in production or strong internship experience in apparel industry
Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint Familiarity with AS400
Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
Excellent time management/project skills
Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
Club Monaco is a dynamic, international retail concept that designs, manufactures and markets its own Club Monaco clothing, accessories and home collection. Each season, Club Monaco offers men’s and women’s updated classics and key fashion pieces that are the foundation of a modern wardrobe. The brand’s signature clean and modern style, gives classics an update through great design and current sensibility. Club Monaco is the lifestyle destination for today’s urban professional. Currently Club Monaco operates 66 stores throughout North America and has recently opened stores in Hong Kong, Seoul, and Dubai.